Narrative Update Webinar Series: Part 1 - Emerging Communications Capacity Building Initiative
GIST/GCYF/GIH Communications Collaborative Webinar
December 8, 2015
Since 2012, the GIST/GCYF/GIH Communications Collaborative has been engaged in a series of activities to support the alignment and promotion of the use of larger narratives that seek to promote a healthy public sector and economic opportunity for all on the national, state, and local level as an under girding to a variety of human service, education and low-wage worker issues. Building on this work, the Collaborative is holding a series of webinars to continue to explore narrative as a tool for social change and strategies for strengthening collaboration and practice in the field. This webinar featured two new exciting initiatives:
- Our Story – The Hub for American Narratives – An emerging initiative with the goal of advancing the development and use of narrative to promote public understanding and confidence in progressive American values and core beliefs. See concept memo here.
- Progress Centered Communication (WI) - This new paradigm shifting strategy seeks to win short term gains in immediate public controversies, create more aligned and effective communication capacity, and build support for aspirational reforms that are achievable in Wisconsin within a decade. Led by the Wisconsin Strategic Values Project, this new strategic communication model was developed in 2014 and launched in 2015 and includes a progress points message blog. See overview here.
- Meg Gage, former President and Executive Director, Proteus Fund, email@example.com
- Richard Kirsch, Our Story, Proteus Fund, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Honold, Advisor, Brico Fund, email@example.com
- Robert Kraig, Exectuvie Director, Citizen Action of Wisconsin, firstname.lastname@example.org