2017 Tax Reform
See below a list of related resources to help acquaint you with the issues related to the current tax reform debate.
- Tax Policy Center's Preparing for the 2017 Tax Debate web page. The Tax Policy Center has prepared a series of briefs describing the key provisions of the tax code that Congress is likely to debate in the coming months.
- Tax Reform Must Not Lose Revenues — and Should Increase Them, By Paul N. Van De Water, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, April 20, 2017.
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin admits Trump tax reform delayed over healthcare fight.
By Cameron Joseph, New York Daily News, April 17, 2017.
- How the US tax code drives inequality—and what we can do to fix it. By
Jocelyn Harmon, Chief Philanthropy Officer, CFED and Jeremie Greer, Vice President of Policy and Research, CFED, Ford Foundation Equals Change Blog, April 13, 2017.
- Republicans’ opening bid for tax reform is egregiously tilted to the rich. By Hunter Blair, Economic Snapshot, Economic Policy Institute, April 13, 2017.
- Can Trump and Congress Solve the Rubik’s Cube of Tax Reform? By Neil Irwin, The Upshot, New York Times, April 11, 2017.
- GOP So Far Failing to Keep Three “Tax Reform” Promises. By Chye-Ching Huang, Off the Charts Blog, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, March 28, 2017.